Club Meeting Minutes - August 2019
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting August 26, 2019
Meeting convened: 7PM
Total Attendance: 31
New members: none
Guests: Alan Fetner
1. Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information.
2. Tax filing status: Mike K informed members he believes he is now in the final stages of the non-profit designation process and has been in contact with the IRS as recently as last week.
1. Stan Kinmonth provided FCCC update. Please review the FCCC’s meeting notes sent out to you by Jim Nolan via email for other car club pertinent information. Of special note is the upcoming Military Armor Display to be held at Reynolds Industrial Park in Green Cove Springs, 4-6 October 2019. More information can be found on the FCCC website and the MG Classics website calendar.
2. Show/Drive Opportunities (more info and registration on MG Classics website)
(a) Avenues Cars and Coffee 2nd Saturday at 7AM.
(b) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM.
(c) The Great Dixie Brit Car Rallye November 9th ,2019. See our website for more information, Ian indicated Rallye registration is currently full. Volunteers are still needed to support the event in various roles. If you are registered please let either Ian or Sybil know if you are current in your NAMGBR/NAMGAR membership for event insurance purposes.
(d) Cars and Cannons show registration ongoing. Show is 28 September at Fort Clinch. Details and registration link may be found on MG Classics website. This is a limited registration event and the form must be printed off the website and mailed into Friends of Fort Clinch with your $30 registration fee. Don’t delay if you plan to attend.
(e) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours is now accepting applications. Registration link is available on our website, please register early as the event is limited to 450 participants. We will forward details concerning meet up locations for a caravan as the event draws nearer.
(f) SBCC newsletter contains numerous events being held in GA and TN during the fall season.
1. Newsletter: Jim Nolan will retire from his long held position as newsletter editor on January 1, 2020. President praised Jim for carrying this heavy workload and providing a quality communication product that has benefited all members over the course of many years. Jim will be sorely missed. The club is in search of a replacement editor. Anyone with the interest and ability should contact any club officer or board member.
2. Officers: Club officers are needed for 2020. Vice President Mark Albright is the point of contact for those volunteering for an office or board position.
3. 2021 GOF: Location for 2021 GOF still to be determined. Also needed is an event chairperson and committee. President provided an update on location scouting results to date and answered questions on why some venues are no longer being considered (mainly monetary reasons).
4. 2020 British Car Classic: The 2020 British Car Classic will be conducted by MG Classics and we are in need of a volunteer chairperson for this and for GOF 2021. Plans and further discussion are needed.
5. Christmas Party: Christmas Party is all set for this year. Please clear your calendar for December 15th, 2-6 pm, at the One Call Center. The earlier we can determine expected attendance, the more efficiently we can plan menu, price and fun.
6. Fall Tech Session: Next Tech Session will be held 23 November, 2019 at Legacy Automotive. Please coordinate with Mark and Vanessa Albright. Sign up sheet for attendance, work items and pot luck lunch will be available on the website. MG Classics appreciates the Albright's hosting the Tech Session at their shop. The President mentioned he will be out of town for this event.
7. Motion: NAMGBR ballot required club action. Write in candidates were requested, none were forwarded. President motioned to vote for candidates as proposed by the NMMGBR. This was accepted with a verbal vote of yes, with no members dissenting. The President completed the ballot which was then mailed to NAMGBR on 28 August.
8. 50/50 drawing held with Christine Hogan winning $ 52.
9. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winner was Janice Hall.
The next club meeting will be September 30th, 2019 at 7PM at 4100 Coastal Hwy, St Augustine. Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:40 PM.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer