Club Meeting Minutes - February 2019
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting February 25, 2019
Meeting convened: 7.10PM
Total Attendance: 33
New members: none
1. President's remarks: The President remarked about last meeting and efforts for welcoming and greeting new and old members. Create a welcome atmosphere and say hey to someone you don’t know.
2. FCCC Update: Stan Kinmonth was not present for the FCCC report so the President reminded members: Please see the newsletter for information on the monthly Cruise-ins, and Visit Carcouncil.org for information on all FCCC sponsored events.
1. Daytona Track Event: 51 registered for track drive at GOF exceeds the required 50 to break even. 7 cars are non-MG.
2. GOF Registrations: Total is now 57 cars, 117 people and 7 trailers.
3. Outstanding GOF Items: Jim Hall provided 2019 GOF report:
(a) DESPERATELY NEEDED: Baskets, raffle items, goodie bag items. Bring them to the next meeting or get them to Jim Hall ASAP.
(b) Please register for the GOF ASAP!
4. Website: Please go to MG Classics website and newsletters for updated info.
5. Winter Drive Ft Mose - Sunday, 3/3/19 – So far only 9 cars and 15 people signed up for this, with one person coming from the Orlando club. Please bring your own lawn chairs as seating is limited. Caravan meetup locations will be promulgated.
6. BCCNF Spring Drive: Saturday, 3/30/19 – The BCCNF (British Car Clubs of North Florida) is driving to Washington Oaks State Park. A picnic lunch (bring your own picnic) is planned. Register online, tell your friends.
7. Amelia Island Cars and Coffee: Saturday 3/9/19 – four members participating, caravan meeting location TBD.
8. Tech Session: The tech session was held at Legacy Automotive on Saturday, 2/16/19 and was a great success. 35 attendees from numerous car clubs, brake cylinder, timing, carburetor work was accomplished. Photos from Gary Whiting posted on the website. President and all members thanked Gary for his camera work.
9. Tech Session Co-ordinator: The President emphasized that Mark Albright is the Tech Session coordinator and all aspects of the tech sessions should got through him to alleviate confusion or duplication of efforts. Apology was made to Mark over confusion about the food amounts.
10. Tax Filing: President will get with Mike K. to discuss tax filing status and requirements.
11. Advertising Policy: Official advertising policy for website and newsletter was stated:
(a) Members free for initial 90 days, then $10 for each 90 day term
(b) Non-Members pay $10 for 90 day term
(c) Businesses that donate time, space, or benefits to members advertise free
(d) Recent comments from advertisers have been positive, no complaints about new policy
12. Membership Renewals: Membership renewals are coming in, unofficial count is 109 members for the new year to date. Ian Massey was thanked for diligently contacting members who have not yet renewed and encouraging them to do so. All members are asked to encourage renewal of any non-renewed members.
1. Business Cards: Business cards will be handed out to members as requested. Jim Hall has a large number so no new order is required yet. President will also bring auto badges and iron on patches to each meeting for purchase.
2. Moss Sale: Moss is having a sale 15% over $1000, 12% over $500 and 10% over $250 ends 3/22/19. Members are encouraged to use Wayne and Neil for their orders to save on shipping and get 10% off orders.
3. Five Speed: Jim Hall is also offering $100 off a five speed conversion during the GOF.
4. Events Calendar: Please check the club website’s events calendar.
5. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Steve Butler winning $46.
6. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson donated an “at cost” part for your MG, if ordered within 30 days. That was won by Mike Hogan.
The next club meeting will in March 25 at Mediterranea, 2019 at 7PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:46 pm.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer