Club Meeting Minutes - February 2020
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting February 24, 2020
Meeting convened: 7 PM
Total Attendance: 35
New members: None
Ian Massey conducted the meeting in the absence of the president and Vice President. The President is in recovery from a Triple Bypass operation and is planning to return to club duties at the Cars and Coffee Amelia on 7 March. Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information..
1. Club Newsletter-Reminder: Fred Groenert is Jim Nolan’s successor as editor in chief of the newsletter. Fred would appreciate any constructive criticism, especially at this early point in his tenure. It is also requested that members take photos at any event they and their MG attend over the next year for inclusion in the newsletters.
1. Membership Renewals: Letters have been mailed to approximately 35 members who have not yet renewed. A paper copy of the renewal form has been included. Most recent new members are James and Janet Snyder and their blue 1971 MGB.
2. GOF South 2021: Chairman of both the committee and the GOF is Richard Gross. As a reminder, several GOF committee positions remain unfilled and members are requested to review the vacancies and consider stepping up to fill them.
3. Spring Tech Session: The Spring Tech Session will be held on 28 March 2020, just in time to get ready for GOF. The session will once again be held at Legacy Automotive and online sign up to identify attendance, tech issues and potluck items is available on the Website. Electronic form will go directly to Mark and Vanessa Albright, no need for individual members to call their shop regarding the tech session. MG Classics appreciates the Albright’s hosting the Tech Session at their shop (again).
4. Show/Drive Opportunities (more info and registrations on MG Classics website)
(a) A breakfast drive to St Augustine has been suggested. If anyone has recommendations on a suitable venue, please inform Ian Massey or any club or board officer.
(b) FCCC update was summarized by Stan Kinmonth. He gave a great summary of the military vehicle display 21-23February in 21-23February in Mt Dora
(c) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours on 7 March is right around the corner! We must arrive together in order to park together. For those members who have registered and been approved, please contact Ian Massey who will arrange a meeting point to allow everyone to drive in and park together.
Cars and Coffee at the Avenues Mall will resume on Saturday, April 11. We are now able to reserve spots at this event. In order to ensure the MGs park together please inform Ian if you will be attending and he’ll cone off the required number of spaces.
(d) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM. Most recent cruise on 18 Feb was attended by three cars and four MG Classics members. Weather was great, as was the camaraderie and meal afterwards.Tuesday,
Next Beach Cruise - Mar 17th. Drive to the beach, join us for conversation and a light dinner afterward. Daylight savings makes it almost a daylight drive home if you time it right.
Major Events Update
1. 2020 Spring Drive & Picnic: March 21, 2020, to the Ravine Gardens State Park. Please register online via the MG Classics website. If last year’s event is any indication, the drive will be beautiful, the food and friends plentiful. Almost 40 British cars were in attendance in 2019. This is a bring your own lunch. Sorry, no alcohol is permitted in the park. To date 5 MG Classics members have signed up.
2. GOF-South LIV, April 2020: Full details and registration is available on the GOF website www.gofsouth.org. The Mission Inn is now fully booked. However, the GOF-Website has a comprehensive list of hotels in the general area as alternatives.
3. GOF LV 2021, April 2021: This is our project and Richard Gross provided update. He stressed the need for volunteers. Available positions can be found in the latest newsletter.
4. BCC British Classic Car Show 2021: Also, our project. TCNF are organizing the British Classic Car Show for 2020, leaving MG Classics to organize the British Classic in 2021. We require Volunteers for the 2021 British Classic Organizing Committee.
5. Spring Tech Session: Sign up available on the website for the next Tech Session to be held 28 March 2020 at Legacy Automotive. Sign up page will require information on what potluck item you are bringing and what work you would like to do on your MG.
Raffle Results and Next Meeting Reminder
1. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Wayne Snook winning $50.
2. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winner was Bill Talley.
The next club meeting will be held March 30, 2020, at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 15022 Max Leggett Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL, 32218. Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:38 PM.
Sybil Bradley Ian Massey
Secretary For Bruce Sedelmeyer