Club Meeting Minutes - January 2020
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting January 27, 2020
Meeting convened: 7 PM
Total Attendance: 37
New members: John Galeani, Bill Tally
Guests: Billie ????
Club Vice President Mark Albright conducted the meeting in the absence of the president. The attendees passed on their Best Wishes for a successful and speedy recovery to Bruce Sedelmeyer, the Club President.
1. Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information.
2. The Christmas Party: The Christmas party was once again a huge success. There were 38 attendees, an abundance of great food, a very imaginative gift exchange, and some Christmas caroling to wrap up a very festive evening. We appreciate the kindness of Kathy Albers in providing the venue at no cost to the club. We also very much appreciate the catering crew!
3. The Club Newsletter-Reminder: Fred Groenert is Jim Nolan’s successor as editor in chief of the newsletter. Fred would appreciate any constructive criticism, especially at this early point in his tenure. It is also requested that members take photos at any event they and their MG attend over the next year for inclusion in the newsletters.
The Club gave a Plaque to Jim Nolan in thanks for his tireless work in Editing and Publishing the MG Classics Newsletter for many years. Jim set the highest standard for the Publication.
1. Motion: We are one short of the Full complement of Board members as defined by the Club Bylaws. A Motion was proposed to add Fred Groenert as a member of the Board of Directors of MG Classics of Jacksonville. Motion made by Ian Massey. Seconded by Mike Kasmierski. The vote was unanimous for approval.
2. GOF South 2021: The official committee has been designated; Richard Gross is Chairman. Several positions remain unfilled and members are requested to review the committee positions and consider stepping up to fill the vacancies.
3. Spring Tech Session: The Spring Tech Session will be held on 28 March, 2020, just in time to get ready for GOF. The session will once again be held at Legacy Automotive and Online sign up to identify attendance, tech. issues, and pot luck items is available on the Website for Registration. The Electronic form will go directly to Mark and Vanessa Albright, no need for individual members to call their shop regarding the tech. session. MG Classics appreciates the Albright's hosting the Tech Session at their shop (again).
5. Show/Drive Opportunities (more info and registrations on MG Classics website)
(a) FCCC update was summarized by Stan Kinmonth. He gave a great summary of the Palatka Air and Car Show and promoted the military vehicle display 21-23February in Mt Dora. This will be an exciting live display with many WWII era vehicles in motion. Please review the FCCC’s meeting notes sent out via email for other car club pertinent information.
(b) Avenues Cars and Coffee 2nd Saturday at 7AM.
(c) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM.
(d) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours on 7 March is no longer accepting applications. We will forward details concerning meet up locations for caravans as the event draws nearer. If interested in joining or leading a caravan, please contact Ian Massey.
Major Events Update
1. 2020 Spring Drive & Picnic: 2020 Spring Drive & Picnic - March 21, 2020, to the Ravine Gardens State Park. Please Register online via the MG Classics website. This is a Picnic so please bring your own food. There are ample tables and seating in the picnic area in a covered pavilion. There are a number of meeting points to choose from listed on the Registration Form for those wishing to Caravan to the event.
2. GOF-South LIV, April 2020: The full prospectus of information is available on the GOF website www.gofsouth.org. all available rooms at the Mission Inn have been sold out. A list of alternative hotels is available on the GOF-South Website.
3. GOF LV 2021, April 2021: This is our project and Richard Gross provided an update. He stressed the need for volunteers. Available positions can be found in the latest newsletter.
4. BCC British Classic Car Show 2021: Also our project. TCNF are organizing the British Classic Car Show for 2020, leaving MG Classics to organize the British Classic in 2021. We require Volunteers for the 2021 British Classic Organizing Committee.
Raffle Results and Next Meeting Reminder
1. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Janice Hall winning $50.
2. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winner was Mike Losey.
The next club meeting will be held February 24, 2020, at The Olive Garden, 6050 Youngerman Circle, 32244. Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Sybil Bradley Mark Albright
Secretary Vice President