Club Meeting Minutes - July 2019
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting July 29, 2019
Meeting convened: 7PM
Total Attendance: 34
New members: None
1. Website: Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information.
2. Tax Filing: Tax filing progresses. President and Mike K. answered follow on questions from the IRS and mailed this form back for final approval. President will keep members updated on the progress.
1 FCCC: Stan Kinmonth provided FCCC update. Please review the FCCC’s meeting notes sent out to you by Jim Nolan via email for other car club pertinent information. Stan mentioned the upcoming Military Armor Display to be held at Reynolds Industrial Park in Green Cove Springs, 4-6 October 2019. More information can be found on the FCCC website calendar.
2. Show/Drive Opportunities (more info and registration on MG Classics website)
(a) Avenues Cars and Coffee 2nd Saturday at 7AM.
(b) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM.
(c) The Great Dixie Brit Car Rallye November 9th ,2019. See our website for more information.
(d) Cars and Cannons show registration ongoing. Show is 28 September at Fort Clinch. Details and registration link may be found on MG Classics website.
(e) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours is now accepting applications. Registration link is available on our website, please register early as the event is limited to 450 participants. Last year we had a great showing from the club (7 members, 7 from visiting Virginia club and 4 others) and were fortunate to park as a group among many other beautiful classics. Truly a unique opportunity.
3. SBCC: SBCC newsletter contains numerous events being held in GA and TN during the fall season.
1. 2021 GOF: Location for 2021 GOF still to be determined. Also needed is an event chairperson and committee. Glen Moore, Richard Gross and others are pursuing options. Suggestions for locations and any GOF ideas are welcome – please get your ideas in to Glen or Richard or any Board member. Current options under consideration are locations in St Augustine, Gainesville, Ocala and Tallahassee.
2. 2020 British Classic: The 2020 British Car Classic will be conducted by MG Classics and we are in need of a volunteer chairperson for this and for GOF 2021. Plans and further discussion are needed.
3. 2019 Christmas Party: Christmas Party is all set for this year. Please clear your calendar for December 15th, 2-6 pm, at the One Call Center. The earlier we can determine expected attendance, the more efficiently we can plan menu, price and fun.
4. Fall Tech Session: Next Tech Session will be held 23 November, 2019 at Legacy Automotive. Please coordinate with Mark and Vanessa Albright. Sign up sheet for attendance, work items and pot luck lunch will be available on the website. MG Classics appreciates the Albright's hosting the Tech Session at their shop.
Raffle results and next meeting reminder
1. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Mike Hogan winning $ 47. Mike also won last month. A true gentleman and philanthropist, he donated this month’s winnings back to the club. Thanks Mike!!!
2. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winners were Stan and Lilly Kinmonth.
3. Additional Raffle: Raffle also included several items presented by Jim Hall that were unclaimed prizes during GOF 2019.
The next club meeting will be August 26th, 2019 at 7PM at Olive Garden 10144 Phillips Hwy, Jacksonville. Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM.
Mark Albright for Bruce Sedelmeyer