Club Meeting Minutes - June 2019
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting June 24, 2019
Meeting convened: 7PM
Total Attendance: 20
New members: None
1. Website: Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information
2. Spring Tech Session: 29 members attended the tech session held on May 25th. Dio Green provided an excellent auto detailing session, many thanks Dio for the information and to Mike Hogan for arranging this. Work completed included work on Pat Shotwell’s overdrive electronics.
3. GOF 2019: 2019 GOF final accounting is in and the Club is in the black after the event. Many thanks to the numerous volunteers and sponsors for making this happen. Cost to conduct the GOF was almost $21,000.
4. Tax Filing: Tax filing progresses. President and Mike K. answered follow on questions from the IRS and mailed this form back for final approval. President will keep members updated on the progress.
1. FCCC: Stan Kinmonth will provided FCCC update. Please review the FCCC’s meeting notes sent out to you by Jim Nolan via email for other car club pertinent information.
(a) Avenues Cars and Coffee 2nd Saturday at 7AM.
(b) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM.
(c) The Great Dixie Brit Car Rallye November 9th 2019.
3. GOF 2021: Glen Moore, Richard Gross are pursuing options for the 2021 GOF. St Augustine area no longer considered an option. Tallahassee, Gainesville, Ocala and Orlando are being looked at. Suggestions for locations and any GOF ideas are welcome – please get your ideas in to Glen or Richard or any Board member.
4. 2020 British Classic: The 2020 British Car Classic will be conducted by MG Classics and we are in need of a volunteer chairperson for this and for GOF 2021. Plans and further discussion are needed.
5. Change in Meeting locations: Please note new meeting locations for October and November. Tom and Betty’s in Orange Park will be the November meeting location for our Club Annual meeting and elections. St Mary’s Seafood will be the October meeting location.
6. 2019 Christmas Party: Christmas Party is all set for this year. Please clear your calendar for December 15th, 2-6 pm, at the One Call Center.
7. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Mike Hogan winning $ 29.
8. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winner was Mike Hogan.
The next club meeting will be July 29th, 2019 at 7PM at La Nopalera restaurant in Orange Park. Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer