Club Meeting Minutes - October 2019
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting October 28, 2019
Meeting convened: 7 PM
Total Attendance: 34
New members: none
Guests: Billy Maynard
1. Please go to the MG Classics website for Newsletter and calendar info and current update information.
2. Tax filing status: MG Classics has received final approval as a social club from the IRS. Mike K. briefed members. Mike is to be commended for his long and dogged pursuit of this status.
1. 2020 Membership Fees: Reminder that an increase in club dues from $25 to $30 annually was voted on and approved last meeting.
MOTION: Richard Gross made motion to include the new year membership for any new members paying dues in the last quarter of the current year. Motion was seconded by Lilly Kinmonth and passed unanimously with a verbal vote.
2. New Business
1. Nomination of Officers: Nominations for officers for the 2020 term were announced. Initial candidates are all incumbent officers from 2019. Two Board positions will be open (Wayne Snook and Cathy Albers vacating) and members were asked to consider serving or consider nominating a fellow member before the November meeting. Nominations may be made to Vice President, Mark Albright.
2. News Letter Editor: Jim Nolan will retire from his long held position as newsletter editor on January 1, 2020. He will be sorely missed and his very big shoes are in need of filling. Please contact any club officer if you are interested in becoming the newsletter editor. There was also some discussion on providing Jim with a token of appreciation from the club for his years of work as editor.
3. Show/Drive Opportunities (more info and registration on MG Classics website)
(a) FFCCC update was summarized by Stan Kinmonth. Please review the FCCC’s meeting notes sent out to you by Jim Nolan via email for other car club pertinent information.
(b) Avenues Cars and Coffee 2nd Saturday at 7AM.
(c) Beaches Cruise In 3rd Tuesday, regular attendees 4:45 PM.
(d) The Great Dixie Brit Car Rallye November 9th ,2019. Two entries have become available!! See our website for more information. Volunteers are still needed to support the event in various roles.
(d) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours is now accepting applications. Registration link is available on our website, please register early as the event is limited to 450 participants. We will forward details concerning meet up locations for a caravan as the event draws nearer.
(f) British Classic Car Show, October, 19, 2019.Early Bird Registration Discount ends at Midnight, October 1. Register immediately for the Discount.
Major Events Update
2020 Spring Drive & Picnic - 2020 Spring Drive & Picnic - March 21, 2020, to the Ravine Gardens State Park. More information to follow as the date nears.*2020 Spring Drive & Picnic - March 21, 2020, to the Ravine Gardens State Park. More information to follow as the date nears.
GOF LIV, April 2020 - Preliminary information is available on the GOF website www.gofsouth.org. Book hotel rooms now as the Mission Inn has limited space and closest alternatives are 6 miles away. Registration form for GOF coming soon but the hotel rates are in effect, double room $149, Suite $179.
GOF 2021: This is our project and Richard Gross provided update. The GOF Committee met following the regular meeting. There will be a second round of negotiations with the Best Western Grand Gainesville on 5 November.
British Classic Car Show 2021: Also our project. TCNF are organizing the British Classic Car Show for 2020, leaving MG Classics to organize the British Classic in 2021. We require Volunteers for the 2021 British Classic Organizing Committee..
Christmas Party: 2019 Christmas Party is all set for this year. Please clear your calendar for December 15th, 2-6 pm, at the One Call Center.
MOTION: Based on financial information from last year’s party Bob Wrenn made motion to set the ticket price at $35. Motion was seconded by Ian Massey and passed unanimously with verbal vote. A discussion on hiring a band was held. Most members felt live music may be too loud for a small party and it was informally decided not to hire a band
Fall Tech Session: Sign up available on the website for the next Tech Session to be held 23 November, 2019 at Legacy Automotive. Sign up page will require information on what pot luck item you are bringing and what work you would like to do on your MG. Electronic form will go directly to Mark and Vanessa Albright, no need for individual members to call their shop regarding the tech session. MG Classics appreciates the Albright's hosting the Tech Session at their shop.
Raffle Results and Next Meeting Reminder
1. 50/50: 50/50 drawing held with Fred Groenert winning $ 37.
2. News Letter Editor: Jim Nolan will retire from his long held position as newsletter editor on January 1, 2020. He will be sorely missed and his very big shoes are in need of filling. Please contact any club officer if you are interested in becoming the newsletter editor.
3. 50/50 drawing held with Maarten Rottman winning $20.
4. Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for 1 part only not an entire order. Winner was also Fred Groenert.
The Next Club Meeting will be held November 25th, 2019, at Tom and Betty’s Restaurant, 2134 Park Ave. Orange Park, FL, 32073 Members are encouraged to arrive up to an hour early (6PM) so dinner orders may be completed prior to the start of club business at 7 PM.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:10 PM.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer